This months TOTM is fashion and brand photographer Meg Gisborne.
- What kind of photography do you do?
I’m a fashion and personal brand photographer.
- How long have you been doing photography?
I got my first DSLR when I was 15 and haven’t put it down since. As a business, I’ve been running for nearly two years.
- Best experience shoot photography?
I’ve been lucky to work with so many amazing brands and individuals it’s hard to pick one experience. I love meeting so many different, talented creatives who are passionate about their business and who respect beautiful photography.
- Looking back, What advice would you give yourself when starting out in photography?
My advice would be to put yourself out there as much as possible, even if it’s outside of your comfort zone. Shoot regularly, network and believe in yourself! I also think it’s important for aspiring photographers to know that university isn’t the only way to become a photographer. Lastly, try not to compare yourself to others around you. Everyone is on their own journey and there is no set way of becoming a successful photographer!
- What’s your favourite Tog product and why?
It would have to be my grey original tog bag and planner! Everyone always comments on how nice my bag is and they have no idea that it’s a camera bag. I’m also obsessed with lists and use my planner most days!
- What’s your favourite lens and why?
My favourite lens my sigma 35mm and shortly followed by my canon 85mm.
- Which cameras do you have ?
Canon 5Dmk III, Canon 5Dmk II and a canon 6D.
- Do you prefer working with natural light or studio?
I love natural light but I’m starting to use the studio more. Natural light will always be my preferred choice!
- Which photographers inspire you?
Lara jade, Tim Walker, Peter Lindbergh and many creatives on insatgram!
- Where can we find your work?
You can find my work here and here @meg.gisborne
To be continuing what I’m doing now and working with more amazing, sustainable fashion brands! I would love to have my own studio and creative work space too.
You can see some of Megs incredible work below...